Monday, April 7, 2008

A brainstormed recipe and other steamed thoughts


I have been in a bit of a cooking revolution...becoming a SAHM I guess kind of does that to you. After the shock of childbirth and the sleepless nights start to wear off anyway! So, I had a hankering for some good veggies and I love rice so I decided to put together a bit of a stir-fry. I figure if I make stuff like this often enough, the others will decide they either have to eat it or go without! I am an incredibly thoughtful wife and mother! (not to mention a little sarcastic!) So here goes:


Suzanne's Eat It or Else Stir-fry


1/4 large green bell pepper (diced)

1 large celery stalk (chopped)

1/2 medium onion ( chopped)

2 medium sized carrots (quartered and thinly sliced)

1 yellow squash (diced)

1 zucchini (diced)

chicken bouillon broth (your preference on the amount)

Salt & Pepper to taste

2 large cooked chicken breasts season with a pinch of poultry seasoning (diced and thrown in after the veggies have steamed)


I sprayed Pam in the frying pan and gave the veggies a little bit of a scald (?) and then poured about 1 cup of chicken broth over the mixture and covered the pan so the veggies would steam until the carrots were slightly firm.


Spoon mixture over white rice and enjoy!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds good....MA

Jean said...

Your recipe sounds good and I especially love your thoughts about eat it or else. HA! Good going {thumbs up)