Saturday, November 1, 2008

L to R: Loraine and Max Stephensen, Delores (mom)
When we went to Phoenix for #1's surgery, I took Mom over to see her nephew and his wife.
They were so sweet! I had never met them, but immediately wished I'd had the opportunity sooner. My mom's family history can get quite complicated. I haven't met too many relatives on her side over the years, the ones I have are amazing. Max fascinated me and #1 with the organ he plays, as well as that he is a WWII veteran. He built submarines! He also bears a strong resemblance to my late Uncle Forest. That earned him a few extra points in my book! Loraine is beautiful. She and my mom have been exchanging family history work for a few years now. It was fun to hear a few things about my mom's father from people that knew him too.
We can't wait to go back and visit again.
While we were in Phoenix, I decided we were going to one of my favorite restaurants...Carlos O'Briens. And they did not disappoint!

Guppy #1 and me at Carlos O'Briens in Scottsdale

Mom at Carlos O'Briens

It was great to spend some time with two of my favorite people over some awesome food and great service!

.

.

No comments: