Tuesday, March 10, 2009

She's Gone European!!! (Kinda!)

Nana's German Pancake
If you haven't taken the time to stop by Nana's Kitchen, you are truly missing out. Not only on great recipes like this German Pancake, but she is HIlarious! This is the second recipe I've used of hers and they are easy to follow and generally yummy. If any of you have had the opportunity to feed my dear husband, you know he can be slightly difficult to please. Well, so far, we are 2 fer 2!

Last week, I had the opportunity to read to my son's 5th grade class. I was just a bit uptight about it. That age can be kind of difficult to please. I pulled out my favorite from when I was that age. James Herriot is one of my favorite authors. He wrote the books

All Things Bright and Beautiful,
All Creatures Great and Small,
All Things Wise and Wonderful,
The Lord God Made Them All.

Then he did these childrens' stories. He was a country vet in England. I read everything available that he has done. I'm not sure if these are still in print, but if you are looking for something funny, educational and heartwarming, James Herriot's stories are the thing. He was actually the one who inspired me to want to write. If you guys have a favorite children's author, leave me a comment and tell me about them and why you like their writing.



No comments: