Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kidisms

Andrew
Andrew doing the "chipmunk dance"

My 4 year old says some things sometimes that completely crack me up. At times, he says them and I realize the apple has not fallen far from the tree! The following is an account of a conversation Adam and I had and then one that Andrew and I had a few hours later. Bear in mind that Andrew was not home when Adam and I were talking....


"Suzanne, where's my socks?


"I put a whole bunch in your drawer!"


"Have you been putting my socks on the cat?"


"Where exactly would I put them? On his weenie?"


At this point, we both laughed, I stuck my tongue out at him and he went outside to work.


Andrew got home from school a couple of hours later. He promptly went to the bathroom to relieve himself. When he called me to help him clean up, I noticed he had locked the door. This is the conversation that ensued:


"Andrew, please don't lock the door when you come in here. "


"But, Mom, I don't want anyone seeing my bare-nekkid peeni$!"


"Really?" (absentmindedly)


"Mom, can we buy some 'peeni$ socks?'"


My mouth fell open...I told Andrew to finish up and I went outside and told his dad what he had said. I asked him...more to remind myself that no, he wasn't here when I made that very facetious remark to my husband...at which time we both cracked up (as much as my husband cracks up! It was nice to see him smile hugely!) Kind of important not to lose composure in front of said 4 year old or these remarks will come back to get me at the most inopportune times!




No comments: