Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love it!

This sweet boy, fresh from his very first sleep-over with a friend,
comes over to me and asks, "Mom? You know that song from Phineas and Ferb?
The one where Perry went to live with another family?
And Phineas and Ferb are singing for Perry to come home?"

Since we had just watched it, I said, "Yes...?"

Then I noticed he was rubbing his eyes furiously the way he does
before he cries. 

I grabbed him in a big hug and asked, "What's wrong?"

As he started to cry, he whispers to me,
"Oh, Mom, it reminds me of Mashy!
I miss him so much!"

Of course, that got me all mushy. 
I just hugged him while he cried.
His heart is so tender and I love that he isn't afraid to share those things with me. 
Guess I'm doing something right!

When he was done, I asked,
"Andrew, do you see this big furball at my feet?"


He said, "Yes."
I said, "I think Mashy knew we needed him. One a lot like he was. Nice of him, huh?"

Andrew hugged me big and took off to play with his Clone Wars guys.

Gotta love him!

1 comment: